Million Dollar Potatoes is an award winning recipe and a favorite at our house! It is a baked potato that is fully loaded with barbecue chicken, ranch dressing, cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream. It is super easy to make and so filling! This recipe is perfect to add to any party menu. So, why not make this for an Oscar watch party?
My mom is the original creator of this recipe. She has made these potatoes since I was a kid, and my brother and I carry on this family favorite meal. The only thing that I have added to this recipe is Everything Bagel Seasoning. I’m a bit obsessed with this seasoning blend! Trader Joe’s is the first place that I found this amazing blend, but now you can find it at any grocery store in the spice aisle. Everything Bagel Seasoning is more than just a bread topping. It’s salty and savory and a great addition to potatoes, eggs, avocados, meats, salads, and popcorn.
To make this recipe easy, I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and turned it into shredded barbecue chicken. I shredded the chicken and added our favorite gluten free barbecue sauce to the chicken. Barbecue sauce can contain hidden forms of gluten so here are some gluten free brands: Organicville Original Barbecue Sauce, Primal Kitchen Classic Barbecue Sauce ,and Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce.
I hope you enjoy this family favorite! I would love to know if you try it!
- 6 russet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) favorite ranch dressing
- 1 (4.3 ounce) bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash potatoes under cold water with a stiff brush.
- Dry off potatoes, then using a fork poke potatoes all over.
- Rub each potato with olive oil and generously season with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes until potatoes are soft and skin is crispy.
- When potatoes are almost finished cooking, clean the meat off of the rotisserie chicken and shred the meat using two forks.
- Place shredded chicken in a medium saucepan along with barbecue sauce.
- Place saucepan on stove and heat the barbecue chicken over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until hot.
- Once potatoes are done, remove from oven and cut in half, fluff potatoes up using a fork.
- Add desired about of barbecue chicken on top of each potato.
- Then add desired amount of ranch dressing over top of barbecue chicken.
- Next, add desired about of cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, and Everything Bagel Seasoning.