I have always used store-bought pizza sauce until recently. I wanted to make my Spaghetti Squash Pizza Boat but I didn’t have any pizza sauce on hand. I did, however, have canned tomatoes and dried spices in my pantry. I decided to create my own pizza sauce and now this is all I use! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Pantry staples make this pizza sauce super easy to make. It keeps up to two weeks in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. It also freezes really well. I add coconut sugar to enhance the sweetness of the tomatoes and balance the acidity. Coconut sugar is a great sugar replacement that has a low glycemic index. Please check out my natural sweetener freebie here.
- 2 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried or freeze-dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried or freeze-dried)
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Place all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add to your favorite pizza recipe.
- May heat over stovetop on low if serving as a dipping sauce.
- Store left over pizza sauce in air tight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.