Slow Cooker Party Mix is one my favorite snacks. I could make this every week and keep it in my house, but it would be gone in a couple of days. I literally munch on this like a squirrel. I even dig through the mix to find those pieces of Chex cereal that are toasty brown from the butter mixture! I know I’m not the only one 😉 Needless to say, because I love this snack so much I only make it for Christmas and the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday is coming up and this is a great snack to have out for your guests to munch on.
I have always loved this snack, even as I kid, I loved all flavors of Chex Mix! When I was diagnosed with Celiac that meant no more Chex Mix for me, so I figured out how to make it homemade. I have tried many different cereals and brands to make this, but these are my favorites: Vans gluten free crackers, Snyder’s gluten free mini pretzels, and Rice Chex Cereal. Any of the Vans gluten free crackers work well in this snack mix. I really like the “Say Cheese” and “Lots of Everything, The Perfect 10.” Another snack addition that you can add is Glutino Original Bagel Chips.
This is a recipe you can fun with. Try all different kinds of gluten free snacks and cereals until you find your perfect snack mix!
- 7 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Snyders Gluten Free Mini Pretzels
- 1 (4 ounce) box Vans Gluten Free Crackers
- ½ cup peanuts, unsalted
- 1 stick Kerrygold butter, salted
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce (gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- dash of hot sauce
- Add cereal, pretzels, crackers, and peanuts to slow cooker and gently mix together.
- In a separate glass mixing bowl, add stick of butter and melt in microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- To the melted butter, add Worcestershire, garlic, onion, pink salt, white pepper, and hot sauce.
- Whisk butter mixture together.
- Pour ½ of butter mixture over the snack mix in the slow cooker.
- Toss together gently so the snack mix does not break.
- Pour the rest of the butter mixture over the snack mix and gently toss once more.
- Set slow cooker to low and allow snack to cook for 4 hours.
- Toss snack mix every hour to ensure the snack mix does not burn.
- Use silicone spatula to toss snack mix so the cereal does not break.